Paranal Bond at last...

It is finally out! After 7 months, the final result of that exciting shooting week at Paranal is out. I'm not a Bond fan, maybe I am now more of a Olga fan (see James Bond post), but we followed the staff, the preparations, the scenes, the shootings, the actors. In some way we felt part of that movie, I felt part of that movie. Therefore, there was some anxiety to see the final result, to see Paranal residence in the movie.

Yesterday, I went in the afternoon to see the movie. I'm not going to make any review here, as I don't want to spoil it in case you want to go and see it. However, it was really exciting to see that gorgeous Bond girl next to whom I once sat, the final outcome of the scenes shot at Paranal and the Paranal hotel, that familiar place, which is my home here in Chile, featured on the big screen. In the end, it's not about it being a good or a bad movie. "It's how you feel for a moment in your life when you're a part of something..."

(Note 1: Once you see the movie, I can tell you exactly which scenes were shot at Paranal, just post a comment and I'll answer back.)

(Note 2: For all those who at that time didn't believe my tale, I now publish my picture with Olga Kurylenko, the Bond girl.)

6 comments:

HARD CORE MAMA said...

You`re getting good with the Photoshop, I must give you that

Violeta said...

Pedrito, disculpa nuestra falta se sensibilidad al no comprender el sentido de pertenecia que sientes con esto que es parte de la historia que estás haciendo acá. Bond??? dijimos, no!!!, eso no es para nuestras mentes intelectuales. Discúlpanos, sí?
Uno de estos días nos vamos todos a ver a la guapa y al guapo, para después decir: "ahí vive nuestro amigo, ese que tiene entre sus tesoros una foto con la protagonista"... porque no es photoshop, verdad???
Besos, Pedro ¡buena semana!

Sadino said...

No problem, it is not lack of sensitivity from your side, it's just normal that things have a different meaning for different people. And NO, it is NOT photoshop, it is my Olga, my preciouuus.

I arrived to Paranal yesterday and there was a huge sign, near the residence entrance, saying "Perla de las Dunas" ;)

ThOR said...

sadino, seu maluco
o k tu keres sei eu ;)

Hugo said...

A pergunta que se impõe é: será que vais seguir todos os passos da tua preciouuuss, mesmo quando ela se mantiver no anonimato? :)

Ah, já agora, ela poderia ter sorrido um pouco mais :)

Mas parabéns pela coragem!Mtos limitariam-se a ficar a olhar!

O hotel também explodiu como no filme?:p A parte do fim foi toda aí rodada?

Sadino said...

Caro Esteves, não vou responder a provocações! Em relação ao filme, o hotel aqui não explodiu, mas...

A cena de ele ir buscar o avião foi rodada no aeródromo do Paranal (sim, temos pista pra aviões!). Depois, as cenas exteriores do hotel "perla de las dunas" foram rodadas aqui. O interior foi reconstruído em estúdio e portanto tudo isso foi filmado em Londres. Agora, a cena atrás das rochas, o salto da Olga, a corrida do Bond antes de se mandar lá pa dentro e a cena dos carros a chegar foi tudo feito cá.

A surpresa mais gira foi quando cheguei ao Paranal agora... Puseram um placard a dizer "Perla de las Dunas" à entrada da residência, igual ao do filme! Ehehe